Wifi is a wireless communication technology that allows electronic devices, such as computers, tablets, smartphones or cell phones, etc. to be connected to the internet, through the use of radio frequencies or infrared for the transmission of information. Wifi or Wi-Fi is originally an abbreviation of the Wireless Fidelity brand, which in English means ‘wireless or wireless fidelity’. In Abbreviation Finder, it is advisable to write Wi-Fi without a hyphen, in lowercase and without italics. In addition, it can be used in the same way in male or female, depending on the preference and context: the (zone) wifi, the (system) wifi.
In this sense, Wi-Fi technology is a computer solution that includes a set of standards for wireless networks based on the IEEE 802.11 specifications, which ensures compatibility and interoperability in equipment certified under this denomination. The wireless communication, as such, is one that ignores cables or physical means visible propagation, and that, by contrast, uses electromagnetic waves for transmission, being this, however, it is limited to a specific radio coverage.
For its operation, the Wi-Fi requires a device (router or router ) connected to the Internet and equipped with an antenna, so that it redistributes this signal wirelessly within a certain radius. Receiving equipment within the coverage area, at the same time, must be equipped with devices compatible with Wi-Fi technology so that they can access the internet. The closer the equipment is to the source of the signal, the better the connection. In this sense, Wi – Fi technology allows the implementation of internet connection networks that benefit multiple users. Today, many public places, such as hotels, airports, bars, restaurants, shopping centers, schools, universities, offices and hospitals, are equipped with hotspots that offer free or paid Wi-Fi connection.
Broadband is a telecommunications term that refers to a network that has a great capacity to transport information, which translates into a higher speed in data transmission. The oldest version of Internet connection is the dial-up, which used a telephone connection linked to a modem. The connection only reached a transmission rate of 56 bits per second and was extremely unstable.
But in addition, to use the Internet it was necessary to interrupt telephone communication, so that while using this service, no one in the house could communicate by phone.
Broadband in its first stage used fiber optic cables that should be connected to each computer in the home or office. It has been proven that the material made of optical fiber is much more efficient than that of copper for this purpose. Currently, broadband allows you to dispense with cables around the house or company and access the Internet through WiFi networks interconnected by a main router.
In fact, broadband, also called high speed internet connection , transmits data at a speed that goes from 256 bits per second to 2 Mbits per second, while being stable. This has allowed the circulation on the Internet of information that takes up a lot of space, such as high quality images, video and sound.
It is necessary to say that this number is not definitive, as work is constantly being done to improve the potential of communication systems. For the vast majority of Internet users, broadband is still the most used way to connect to the network. Indeed, the appearance of broadband was a new stage in the development of digital information services and, therefore, new possibilities for communication.
U.S. Counties by State
- Chambers County, Alabama
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough, Alaska
- Mohave County, Arizona
- Chicot County, Arkansas
- El Dorado County, California
- Chaffee County, Colorado
- Fairfield County, Connecticut
- Sussex County, Delaware
- Citrus County, Florida
- Ben Hill County, Georgia
- Kauai County, Hawaii
- Bonner County, Idaho
- Cass County, Illinois
- Cass County, Indiana
- Bremer County, Iowa
- Chase County, Kansas
- Bourbon County, Kentucky
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana
- Oxford County, Maine
- Dorchester County, Maryland
- Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Bay County, Michigan
- Carlton County, Minnesota
- Chickasaw County, Mississippi
- Bollinger County, Missouri
- Custer County, Montana
- Brown County, Nebraska
- Lincoln County, Nevada
- Strafford County, New Hampshire
- Hudson County, New Jersey
- Eddy County, New Mexico
- Chenango County, New York
- Bladen County, North Carolina
- Cass County, North Dakota
- Butler County, Ohio
- Canadian County, Oklahoma
- Deschutes County, Oregon
- Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Providence County, Rhode Island
- Calhoun County, South Carolina
- Butte County, South Dakota
- Carroll County, Tennessee
- Bailey County, Texas
- Garfield County, Utah
- Orange County, Vermont
- Bath County, Virginia
- Douglas County, Washington
- Doddridge County, West Virginia
- Chippewa County, Wisconsin
- Hot Springs County, Wyoming
- University of Washington - The University of Washington (UW), located in Seattle, is a prestigious public research university with a storied history, a commitment to innovation, and a strong influence on the Pacific Northwest’s...
- Meanings of Acronym JN - According to AbbreviationFinder, the acronym “JN” is a versatile abbreviation with various meanings and interpretations depending on the context in which it is used. In this comprehensive exploration, we will...
- Meanings of Acronym LH - According to AbbreviationFinder, the acronym “LH” is a versatile abbreviation with various meanings and interpretations across different contexts. It can refer to concepts and entities ranging from medical terminology and...
- Tucson, Arizona - Tucson, Arizona, located in the Sonoran Desert, is a city with a diverse and unique geography that makes it a captivating destination. Spanning an area of approximately 230 square miles,...
- Kissimmee, Florida - Kissimmee, Florida, located in Osceola County, is a vibrant city known for its proximity to popular tourist attractions such as Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort. The city...
- Meanings of Acronym NG - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “NG” is a versatile abbreviation with various meanings and interpretations across different domains, depending on the context in which it is used. In this comprehensive...
- Lusaka, Zambia Geography - Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia, is situated in the southern part of the country, in a region of gentle hills and plateaus. The geography of Lusaka is characterized by...
- Meanings of Acronym OZ - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “OZ” has multiple meanings and interpretations depending on the context in which it is used. While it is a relatively simple acronym consisting of just...
- Meanings of Acronym EY - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “EY” can have several meanings depending on the context in which it is used. It is important to note that acronyms often have multiple meanings,...
- Meanings of Acronym DB - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “DB” is a versatile and widely used abbreviation that can have various meanings and applications across different domains, from technology and finance to sports and...