The walk is a physical activity indicated by cardiologists to lose weight and maintain the health of the heart and of the mind, and a great way to reduce anxiety and stress.
The benefits of daily walking are varied and can include:
- Reduction of swelling in the legs and ankles;
- Obesity prevention and weight loss;
- Improvement of blood circulation;
- Strengthening of the muscles of the body;
- Improves body posture;
- Improvement of anxiety and stress;
- Relaxation of the muscles of the neck and shoulders;
- Prevention of cardiovascular complications, such as heart problems and hypertension.
To take advantage of these benefits, the person must walk at least 2 and a half hours per week, and acquire other healthy habits, such as carrying out a balanced diet that is low in sugar and fats. Learn how to make a balanced diet for weight loss.
Benefits of walking in pregnancy
The walk is also beneficial for pregnancy as it helps reduce the swollen feet at the end of the day, it improves the sleep of pregnant women, helps to relax, prevents the increase of excess weight and decreases the risk of occurrence of pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes.
Other exercises, such as swimming or yoga, can also have the same benefits of walking in pregnancy. However, the pregnant woman must undertake a consultation in the doctor’s obstetrician before performing any physical exercise.
Tips to lose weight with walking
The walk can be done at any age and in any place, such as in the gym, on the beach or on the street, for example. For the walk to be healthy and burn calories, it is important to walk fast, keeping the speed, so that the respiration speed up and not be able to talk easily, contract the belly muscles simultaneously, so as to maintain the correct posture and swing arms vigorously, because this gesture helps improve blood circulation
If it is made on a daily basis, the walk will contribute to the weight loss and for the loss of the belly and can burn up to 400 calories per hour and about 2.5 cm of belly per month. In addition, when it is in a quiet location and with good landscape can be a great treatment for controlling stress.
It is good to walk fast?
The walk fasting is not beneficial for the health because it can cause dizziness, nausea and fainting, as the individual may not have sugar in the blood enough to walk.
Thus, the ideal is the intake of a light meal with carbohydrates and fruit, such as bread, cereal and fruit juice, for example, before exercise, avoiding meals are very large so do not feel uncomfortable.
Care important during the walk
The care on the walk include:
- Use comfortable shoes and light clothes;
- Drink 250 mL of water for every hour you walk;
- Use sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat or cap to protect you from the sun;
- Avoid times more hot, as between 11h and 14h, and the streets very busy;
- Do stretching exercises before and after walking, how to stretch your legs and your arms, to activate the blood circulation and prevent cramping. Learn which exercises you should do.
These care in the walk to help prevent health problems such as injuries, dehydration, heat stroke or sunburn.