According to Abbreviationfinder, IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System, and CD IELTS stands for Computer Delivered International English Language Testing System.
IELTS is the world’s most popular English language certification test and reflects the use of English to study, work, and live in an English-speaking environment. It has been developed by some of the leading experts in the assessment of this language and assesses all skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Study, work and live abroad
IELTS is accepted by more than 10,000 organizations in more than 140 countries. These organizations include governments, academic institutions, and employers. In the US alone, it is accepted by 3,000 organizations. All immigration authorities that require an English test accept IELTS.
Before registering, be sure to check with the institutions that request the exam what their requirements are.
Find the right exam for your needs:
IELTS Academic: The IELTS Academic is aimed at those candidates who wish to study at universities or institutions of higher education, as well as professionals who wish to register in an English-speaking country.
IELTS General Training: IELTS General Training has been conceived for candidates who wish to emigrate to an English-speaking country and for those who wish to train or study at a non-university level.
2 hours 45 minutes for the components of listening comprehension, reading comprehension, written expression and plus a 14-minute face-to-face oral interview.
$ 675,000 COP
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Registration is done directly with the British Council at https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/test-chooser .
Results: Students can check their results on the Test Taker page by entering the data provided by the BC in their registry https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/login
Practice exercises for the IELTS:
- Before registering for the exam, check with the institution requesting it for its validity. The Centro Colombo Americano and the British Council are not responsible if you take an invalid exam.
- The speaking test can be taken on the same day as the other sections or for a week before or after the date selected for the written test.
- With the IELTS in Computer, the sections of listening comprehension, reading comprehension and written expression will be answered from a computer. The speaking test will remain in person with a qualified IELTS examiner, as we believe it is the most effective way to assess this skill.
- IELTS results are valid for two years from the date of administration of the test. Once the validity of the test has expired, no certificates will be issued.
- If you have any special requirements, you must take the IELTS test on paper.