According to Abbreviationfinder, TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. And TOEFL iBT stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Testing.
The TOEFL iBT® is academic in nature and internationally recognized. It measures the four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. The exam measures the ability to use and understand the English language at a university level, it also assesses how well listening, reading, speaking and writing are combined to carry out academic tasks.
Who accepts TOEFL iBT results?
More than 7,300 universities, agencies and other institutions in 130 countries. Other organizations rely on their results:
- Immigration departments, if they use the results, use them for the issuance of residential and work visas.
• Medical services and licensing agencies, using the results, use them in professional certification.
• People who use them to measure their progress in learning English.
4 hours 30 minutes, approximately.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Registration is done through the page www.ets.org/toefl and payment is made by credit card. Telephone registration: (1) 443 751 4995 Fax: (1) 443 751 4980
Results: The reception of the results, as well as the payment and registration for the exam, are processes directly between ETS and the candidate through its website https://www.ets.org/toefl and in which the Centro Colombo Americano Medellín does not have any interference.
TOEFL iBT Practice Exercises: http://www.free-english.com/
– Before registering for the exam, verify the validity of the exam with the institution that requests it. The Centro Colombo Americano is not responsible if you submit an invalid exam. Registration for the different exams is subject to the places available for each one.
– The results of the English exams administered by the Colombo Americano de Medellín are valid for two years from the date of administration of the test. Once the validity of the test has expired, no certificates will be issued.
TOEFL ITP – INSTITUTIONAL TESTING PROGRAM
The TOEFL ITP is academic in nature, it is a shorter version than the TOEFL iBT and it is less complex. Unlike TOEFL iBT, it is not recognized internationally, it is an official test administered by ETS (English Testing Service) with national validity. The TOEFL® ITP test, which is derived from the conventional paper TOEFL® test, provides institutions with a reliable and valid way to measure the listening, writing, grammar and reading comprehension of English learners.
Exam questions are presented grouped by sections. The exam is divided into three sections:
Section 1 – Listening Comprehension, 50 questions: approximately 36 minutes.
Section 2 – Written expression (the exam does not include composition), 40 questions: 25 minutes.
Section 3 – Reading Comprehension, 50 questions: 55 minutes.
The exam is valid for 2 years and the score range is 310 to 667. Results will be delivered in 15 to 20 business days.